What is Foursquare?
Foursquare is an international social networking service platform. This app was built specifically for mobile users. The main idea behind this application is to provide people with a detailed guide about local businesses and places to visit around.
The platform was launched in 2009 by Naveen Seladurai and Dennis Crowley. Since then, it has accumulated over 55 million users. Every time someone uses the app, it stores data regarding their search queries while also sharing community information with their followers.
Top 5 reasons to use Foursquare for mobile SEO
Local SEO is integral to building a strong search engine optimization strategy. While businesses are implementing all kinds of methods to make themselves visible to a larger audience, Foursquare is one of the most effective ways to do it.
Here are the top 5 most compelling reasons why your business should use Foursquare:
- An emphasis on local businesses
- A Customer Relationship Management platform
- Promotional tactics offered by the platform
- Automatically syncs with social media profiles
- High link value
An emphasis on local businesses
Listing your business on Foursquare provides a substantial boost to your SEO efforts. The platform’s core competency is to provide location-enabled services. Users of Foursquare can increase the visibility of their business by using several different types of options.
For instance, the check-in feature on Foursquare will enable users to share their current business check-in with their friends and followers. This will provide instant exposure to your business.
In marketing, the recommendations that come from friends and family are highly valued by customers. This is known as word of mouth. Foursquare takes word-of-mouth digital and makes it easier for customers to share their experiences.
A Customer Relationship Management platform
Tracking customer behavior is essential in developing marketing strategies. This, however, is a challenge for many small-scale businesses. Keeping track of customers’ behavior requires a proper CRM tool.
With the existence of Foursquare, this hassle for SMEs has been eliminated. The app can provide registered businesses data regarding customer check-in frequency, dates, times, and more. While this data might seem irrelevant to some, it is of extreme value.
Brands develop unique marketing and promotional strategies based on such data. For example, a regular customer at a cafe may receive discounts for visiting the cafe for a certain number of times. The only way for the cafe to know this customer’s walk-in is by automatically keeping track of it on Foursquare.
Foursquare drastically improves the efficiency of CRM functionality and provides a lot of benefits for businesses.
Promotional tactics offered by the platform
The main purpose of promotional activities is to show your customer that you value them by providing them with certain perks. This is something you can achieve as a registered business on Foursquare. There are several different types of rewards you can present to promoters of your business. The Foursquare has a feature known as the badge. This is provided for recurring customers and loyal fans of your business.
Loyal customers to your business will earn different types of badges through which they can avail of offers. Similarly, the platform also has various types of games that you can tie to your business. These features are a part of the Four Square SEO strategy and help boost the visibility of your business.
Automatically syncs with social media profiles
When brands create a Foursquare profile, it automatically links it with their respective social media pages. This applies to other users of the app as well. Foursquare developers understand the value it brings to enable users to easily link their social media accounts.
When customers check in to your business, they can easily share the same on other platforms like Twitter and Facebook. This will give your brand a greater scope for visibility.
High link value
When it comes to SEO, the Foursquare platform is known to have high and valuable domain authority. Therefore, the presence of your business profile on the Foursquare platform has a higher chance of visibility of search engine rankings.
What’s worth mentioning is that the information provided regarding your business must remain consistent and clear across all social platforms as well.
Four square SEO steps
There are certain steps that you must follow while creating a business profile on Foursquare. Here are the points you must note.
- While creating a business account on Foursquare, it’s important to include the proper location of your business. This will enable website crawlers to identify the location and provide proper local SEO benefits.
- Once you have created your profile, add all relevant keywords to your business profile details. Do it efficiently. It shouldn’t look like you have created a profile for the sole purpose of ranking. Overstuffing your profile with keywords will trigger Google. The search engine is smart and it identifies such practices.
- You can leave a no-follow link somewhere in there back to your site. While this may not have any direct impact on your SEO rankings, small efforts still help.
Key highlights of the SEO square app
- Foursquare has reported over 1.3 million business pages currently active on the platform
- There are 90 million individual preferences recorded from different users
- Currently, over 250 million photos of local businesses, places, and others are available on the platform
- Close to 65 million location points have been registered
- The platform recently exceeded over 7 billion check-ins
Foursquare: An advanced SEO square platform
From check-in features and review options to find local spots and badge options, the Foursquare platform is definitely one that your business needs. The exposure this platform can bring should be a part of your ongoing SEO ranking efforts.
Now that you know all the top benefits of the platform for your business, make sure to check out this effective SEO square app.